Decibel Magazine, the only monthly metal magazine in North America, has established itself as a respected name in the extreme music community and – with its 20th anniversary fast approaching – has seen its scope extend into the world of live performances with its annual Decibel Magazine Tour as well as its celebrated bi-coastal Metal & Beer Fest, book publishing with the ever-increasing library of titles under the Decibel Books and the world of music publishing via the long-running Decibel Flexi Series and recently launched Decibel Records.
As Decibel continues to grow, so too must our team. As a Freelance Graphic Designer, you will be tasked with bringing a fresh, creative eye to assist in the regular production of a wide range of visual assets for each of our ventures. We seek eager and self-motivated people to support our fast-moving team while simultaneously growing their artistic experience.
- Help create web assets (image and video) to promote products, events and stories relevant to Decibel via ads designed for other websites and social media
- Provide creative solutions to new visual campaigns, in both print and digital platforms
- Identify sections of the print magazine that can translate well to social media and convert into appropriate dimensions for timeline or story
- Proficiency in Adobe Programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, AfterEffects)
- An eye for detail and the ability to work with a team to adapt to aesthetic
- Able to work with tight, rigid deadlines
- Knowledge of the material
- Able to be self-motivated, self-sufficient and adaptable to creative problem solving
This work will be paid hourly at the rate of $30 per hour, with 15-20 hours of work per week expected with potential for more. All interested parties can send a resume with a cover letter and portfolio to [email protected].
Leave a Reply